Thanks for visiting our website https://infrared-sauna.com.au ("Site").
Clearlight Saunas Australia Pty Ltd ABN 18 603 858 108 ("Clearlight Saunas") is committed to protecting your privacy as a visitor to our website.
We aim to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles in The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) to protect your personal information.
We use the information we collect about you to maximise the services and products we provide via our website and business.
By providing us with your data, you warrant that you are over the age of 18 years.
1. Contact Details
Our full contact details are
Clearlight Saunas Australia Pty Ltd ABN 18 603 858 108
Phone number: 1800 957 150
Postal address: 2/78 Rajah Road, Ocean Shores, NSW, 2483, Australia
1.1 It is essential that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please advise if at any time your personal information changes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Personal Information – Type, purpose and legal grounds
2.1 Personal information/data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include data that is anonymous in its source.
2.2 We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
2.2.1 Communication Information
22.214.171.124 Communication information includes any communication that you send to us. This information can be sent to us through:
a. The contact form on our website;
b. The subscriber form on our website;
c. Email, text, social media messaging;
d. Social media posting; or
e. Through any other communication that you send to us.
126.96.36.199 We process this data for:
a. Communicating with you;
b. Sending you our newsletters from time to time;
c. Managing contacts and sending messages;
d. Ensuring that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
e. Providing you with information, products or services that you request from us which may be of interest to you;
f. Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
g. Interacting with external social networks and platforms (e.g. social media share bars);
h. Allowing registration and authentication (e.g. affiliate portals and membership areas);
i. Allowing access to third-party services' accounts;
j. Monitoring infrastructure;
k. Managing hosting and back-end infrastructure;
l. Carrying out re-marketing and behavioural targeting (including display ads);
m. Displaying content from external platforms;
n. Carrying out commercial affiliation (e.g. display ads);
o. Interacting with support and feedback platforms;
p. Managing user database;
q. For record-keeping, and;
r. For the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims.
188.8.131.52 Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests: responding to communications sent to us, keeping records, and establishing, pursuing, or defending legal claims.
2.2.2 User Information/Data
184.108.40.206. User information includes data about how you use our website, any online services, and any data you may post for publication on our website or through other online services. We may collect, store and use:
a. information that you provide to us when using the services on our website or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use);
b. information contained in, or relating to, a personal or business account with our website (including name, email address, date and month of birth);
c. information that you provide when you provide feedback;
d. information that you provide when you change your personal details or email preferences;
e. information that you provide when you respond to a survey;
f. information that you provide when you communicate with our support;
g. any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
220.127.116.11.Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this Policy.
18.104.22.168. We process this data to:
a. Operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you;
b. To ensure the security of our website;
c. To maintain backups of our website and/or databases and;
d. To enable publication and administration of our website, other online services, and business.
22.214.171.124. Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests to enable us to administer our website and business properly.
126.96.36.199. We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party's direct marketing.
2.2.3. Technical Data
188.8.131.52. Technical data is information about your use of our website and online services, such as information about your visits to and use of this website, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
184.108.40.206.The source of this data is our analytics tracking system.
220.127.116.11. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, administer and protect our business and website, deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you, and understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
18.104.22.168. Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, which are to enable us to administer our website and our business properly, grow our business, and decide our marketing strategy.
2.2.4 Financial Transactions
- All our website financial transactions are currently handled through our payment services provider. Our payment services provider may change from time to time.
- We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
- All individual profiles and company details are not used for any other purpose described above.
- Details are only supplied to a third-party supplier when required by law for goods or services you have purchased or protect our copyright, trademarks, and other legal rights.
- Marketing Information/Data
- Marketing information includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from our third parties and us and your communication preferences.
- We process this data to:
- Enable you to receive our newsletter;
- Enable you to participate in promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free giveaways;
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising.
- Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests: studying how customers use our products/services, developing them, growing our business, and deciding our marketing strategy.
- We may use User, Technical and Marketing Information/Data to:
- Deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we offer to you.
- Our legal ground for this processing is legitimate interest which is to grow our business.
- We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our legal grounds for doing so are your consent or legitimate interest in growing our business. (Please see Marketing Communications below – Section 4).
- Sensitive Data
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
- Contract Obligations
- Where we are required to collect personal data by law or under the terms of the contract between us, and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you).
- If you don't provide us with the requested information, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered, but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
- Use of Personal Information
- We will only use your data for the purpose it was collected for or reasonably compatible purposes if necessary. If we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose, we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
- We may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
How your personal information is collected
- We may automatically collect certain data from you through cookies and similar technologies as you use our website.
- A "cookie" is a piece of information stored on your computer's hard drive. It records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
- Types of Cookies:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you revisit it. For example, we use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
- Cookies categories
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. The services available to you on our website cannot be provided without these cookies. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the Site are most popular. We use Google Analytics to monitor and analyse web traffic to the Site. Google utilises the data recognised, collected, and/or tracked on the Site to prepare reports on traffic activities. This integration of Google Analytics anonymises your IP address. Google may use the information recognised, collected, and/or tracked to personalise the ads of its advertising network and may share the information recognised, collected, and/or tracked with other services.
- Customisation cookies: These cookies allow the Site to save information and details such as your username to optimise your experience on the Site and provide personal features.
- Social media cookies and pixels: These cookies allow you to share your activity on the Site on social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or other external platforms directly from the Site.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember your choices and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested, such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
- Marketing Communications
- Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is your consent or our legitimate interests, namely to grow our business.
- We may send you marketing communications if:
- You made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services; or
- You agreed to receive marketing communication; in each case, you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
- You are a company; we may send you marketing emails without your consent. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
- Stopping marketing messages
- You can ask third parties or us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- Following the opt-out links on any marketing messages sent to you, or
- Emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
- If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations, returns, replacements etc.
- Disclosures of Your Personal Data
- We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers, including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Market Researchers and Analysts.
- Marketing and advertising and affiliate agencies we may engage with from time to time.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or assets.
- We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and treat it according to the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- International Transfers (for example, to our preferred email marketing platform or CRM)
- Whenever we transfer your personal data, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- If you are a resident of the European Union, we will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission, which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers as part of the EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
6.3 If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- Data Security
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of personal information submitted to our website and periodically update our security measures in light of current technologies.
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if legally required.
- Data Retention
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- For tax purposes, the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for five years after they stop being customers.
- In some circumstances, we may delete identifying components of your data for research or statistical purposes. We may use this information indefinitely without further notice.
- Your Legal Rights
- Under data protection laws, you have rights to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, object to processing, portability of data, and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To respond to any request, we will require the following information:
- your name and address; and
- your contact telephone numbers
- There is no fee to access your personal data; however, we may charge a fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive or if you refuse to comply with our request in these circumstances.
- As a security measure to ensure your data is not disclosed to anyone with no right to receive it, we may request further information from you.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days unless the request is complex or where there are multiple requests. You will be notified if our response is likely to exceed 30 days.
- If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, please contact us first to attempt to resolve your issue immediately. You also have the right to complain to the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au), the Australian supervisory authority for data protection issues.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of using your personal information for marketing purposes.